Monday, May 3, 2010

NARS Penny Lane and Cactus Flower

I have been loving my two NARS cream blushes lately: Penny Lane and Cactus Flower. Using a cream blush rather than a powder blush is especially great in the Spring and Summer, since it's relatively quick and easy, and lasts all day!

Penny Lane



Penny Lane is a beautiful neutral dusty pink colour, and on the face it provides a lovely natural flush.

I demonstrate its application in my youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYwuWQpOyHU

Cactus Flower






In the picture, it's coming out a little too pink. It's actually a bright watermelon red, and NARS describes it as 'shimmering poppy'. On the skin it can either provide a very natural rosy flush, as if you've just finished a run, or have just come in from the cold, or it can also be built up to a bright fuchsia pink. This means that it's suitable for both lighter and darker skin tones.

Left: built up to a bright fuchsia pink.
Right: Lightly blended to give a natural rosy flush.

I highly recommend these two NARS cream blushes, and I'm very interested in getting more of them! They're pigmented, very creamy and very blendable.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Bank Holiday Monday! xxx

2 comments:

  1. These two are in my current Nars wishlist so thanks a lot for swatching! i think I love both of them... I have no cream blushes and I am dieing to putmy hands on this and the new one: Enchanted!
    See you!
    XX
    http://catanyasthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete