Friday, May 7, 2010

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks

Boots are doing a 3 for 2 on selected make-up brands, such as Maybelline and Rimmel. I took advantage of the opportunity and picked up 3 lipsticks, which costed me a total of around £13.50. Pretty good deal I think! Also I wanted to cheer myself up from my crappy exam. Turns out that only one of the topics I studied came up on the paper! I was counting on that subject to pull my overall degree up :(

Anyway, I picked up the famous Ambre Rose, and also Cookie Crisp (which I always swatch in store but never buy) and Rosewood Pearl.

With flash:

Ambre Rose, Cookie Crisp, Rosewood Pearl

Without flash:


Ambre Rose, Rosewood Pearl, Cookie Crisp

Swatched on paper:

Cookie Crisp, Ambre Rose and Rosewood Pearl.

They are all shimmery lipsticks, so they make your lips look fuller. They smell like coconut.

Rosewood Pearl is an interesting colour. I don't think I've seen anything like it. It's a pearly (go figure) light pink/beige that looks light mauve pink when the light hits the shimmer, and pinky brown when it doesn't.

All three colours are very pretty colours and I highly recommend these! They feel moisturising on the lips as well. xx

1 comment: