Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Everyday Smokey Eye!

Today I went with an everyday Smokey eye. I kept the grey eyeshadows close to the eyes to keep the look from being too dramatic. Gazette Grey eyeshadow (MAC) is a bit difficult to blend and tends to end up looking patchy, but if you layer it slowly, you can achieve a more even look. The Smoke & Diamonds also helped to blend out the colour to create a faded, smokey effect closer to the brow bone. Brule was used to blend out harsh edges.

















Products used: MAC Gazette Grey eyeshadow, MAC Smoke & Diamonds eyeshadow, MAC Brule eyeshadow, MAC Blankety lipstick, MAC Happy Together mineralised blush (from the In The Groove collection!). MAC MAC MAC! Lol.


















'Happy Together' is the only item I purchased from the recently released In The Groove collection. Everything else was just too shimmery for me (I have visible pores). Apparently this is very similar to NARS Madly, which makes me happy because I've wanted Madly for a while now, and MAC is more affordable! Another pro about this product is that the lighter side is shimmery (excellent highlight!) and the darker side is more of a satin finish, so you can either swirl the two colours together, or use the colours separately.


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty soft smokey look! Gazette Grey looks great on you!

    I have Gazette Grey too, and I really LOVE it. Yes, it feels a bit chalky, and I thought, it would be very hard to blend, but I find it not that bad actually. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really pretty look~
    When I wear grey eyesahdow, it looks dirty on me. However it looks sooo good on you. :D Lucky~

    I only got Petticoat from the In the Groove collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jess - Thanks! Do you use a primer under Gazette Grey? I was thinking maybe my primer is too tacky...

    @Popcorn - Thanks :) Maybe you need a different shade of grey? Or one that's shimmery? I was tempted by Petticoat and definitely would have gotten it if I didn't have visible pores :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey steph! thanks for youre comment, it means a lot :) gosh your make up always always looks immaculate i absolutely love your eye looks! anyway i have some catching up to do on the rest of your blog, hopefully it doesnt encourage me to buy anymore make up :P

    hope everything is well in HK! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa! But to be honest, I think my camera just doesn't pick up all the details ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog after you commented on BelleDuJour's. This look is beautiful and so are you! I also love your pictures. What kind of camera do you use? I'm just starting my blog and I'm having trouble getting good pictures of my makeup. It could be the lighting though. Anyways, I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ShaGlam, thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words! I use a Canon Ixus (or 'IS' in some other countries), one of the point and shoots that has HD video. There are newer models out now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I use the Kanebo Sensai Eyelid Primer. ;)

    ReplyDelete