Sunday, August 22, 2010

Recent Interior Inspiration Favourites

Here's a mish mash of my favourite interior design pictures from the past week. My family is moving to a new apartment soon, and the renovation is nearing the end (and I couldn't be more excited)! This has resulted in my perusing interior websites even more than usual. I'll shut up now and let you enjoy the pictures :)

Oh, and you will definitely be seeing pictures of our new place once we've moved in :D

Different elements and details from these inspiration photos will definitely be reflected in our new place. Everything will be pretty casual-cool and modern but still classic and timeless. Helping my mom out with our design choices has been so much fun, and has reaffirmed my raw passion to become an interior designer in the future (my ultimate dream job - if you can even call it a job)!














Loving the feature grey wall (I'm going to have a feature taupe wall in my bedroom, along with a splash of green tea ice cream paint in a surprise area)













This bookshelf-come-projector screen railing is genius. So multi-functional and discreet.













An industrial touch is always cool - I just wish there was more warmth and individual personality in this loft.















Check out that burlap wall (above) - is that creative or what?






















This is exactly what I mean by warmth and individual personality. Here (above), we see a perfect balance between industrial-cool and warmth. The injection of colour through the pillows is what does it.

















Ah... walnut wood... exactly what we've used for our new place. Perfectly neutral-toned so that it goes with every possible colour of the rainbow, and will never become outdated. The slightly oriental dining chairs are a nice touch.






















When the time comes for us to change our sofa covers, I would love something like this - fresh, clean cotton with a neutral palette - gotta love greys.


































 The stainless steel counter tops exquisitely off-set the country-style white wooden paneling of the body of the kitchen island, while the metal stools harmoniously complement the overall industrial theme.

















Love the long, sleek console behind the sofa - it reflects draws your attention to the length of the sofa. Also loving the antique-looking pot holding the flowers. And who can forget those two raw wooden tree stump stools! Raw wood always gives me a fresh feeling. Can't get any more natural than that.














I would love to own a massive painting like that. Especially appreciate how raw and neutral-toned it is. The animal skulls are pretty cool as well. Nice tribal touch. They make me think of All Saints (the clothing store).

Hope you enjoyed that installment of weekly interior design! I will try to be more consistent with the postings. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment