Sunday, March 21, 2010

YSL Golden Gloss #13

I've been really into my beige lip glosses recently. I've wanted to pick up the YSL Golden Gloss in number 13 for a while now, but it was sold out everywhere! I finally found one today at John Lewis... they only had two left!


Number 13 is 'Golden Nude'. It's a sandy brown-taupe colour with mainly gold shimmer (but also some other coloured shimmer in there). Apparently the gold is real gold! Now that's luxurious. 

Swatched on my hand alongside Maybelline's watershine lipglosses in Crystal Dune and Cafe Latte, which I realised were both very similar to the YSL!


Top: YSL Golden Gloss #13
Middle: Maybelline Watershine lipgloss in Crystal Dune
Bottom: Maybelline Watershine lipgloss in Cafe Latte


Left: YSL Golden Gloss #13
Middle: Maybelline Watershine lipgloss in Crystal Dune
Right: Maybelline Watershine lipgloss in Cafe Latte

As you can see, the YSL is VERY similar to the Maybelline lip glosses. It's basically the in between shade of the two Maybelline lip glosses.. darker than Crystal Dune and lighter than Cafe Latte. The shimmer in all these lip glosses is also very similar. So I would say that the Maybelline ones are very good dupes for the YSL if you don't want to part with £20 for a lip gloss! I think the Maybelline ones only cost around £6 each. Bargainous! 

Here are some pictures of the YSL on my lips. Please excuse the upper lip hairs (cringe!) and two beautiful pimples on my chin!! Also, the pictures don't reflect the true colour very well, cuz of shitty lighting and too much flash :( I haven't tried it on top of a nude lipstick yet, but I will post pictures of that once I do!





Have a relaxing Sunday night! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment