Sunday, April 3, 2011

Look What I Found!

The other day, I found an almost full jar of Estee Lauder Daywear Plus moisturiser in the bathroom cabinet! It must have been my mom's and she must have misplaced it.. so I was a bit sneaky and decided to try it!


This is a multi-protection anti-oxidant creme containing SPF 15, which makes it much more suitable for daytime (don't think you would want to wear sunscreen in your sleep!). As far as I know, it's suitable for all skin types. 
The cream itself is a pastel green shade, and has quite a light consistency. It smells lovely too - like cucumber! However, once it's rubbed into the skin, the cream feels a bit heavier, and you can actually smell the SPF in it, which isn't that nice to be honest! However, it does remind you of summer and the beach. My skin felt very supple and smooth after applying this, but I must admit I'm more used to very light, weightless moisturisers, so this may take some getting used to. Also, I suspect I'm a little allergic to it, because my eyes started to sting a little, and I had to rinse them out. I must have gotten some into them by accident.

The reviews of this cream are mainly really highly rated, and some even claim that it has cured their acne! I would like to continue using this for a while to see if I see any positive effects. However, since purchasing my BB cream, which already contains SPF 27 in it, I won't have much need for an additional SPF, so will only be wearing this on days when I don't plan to use BB cream (which may be few and far between, since I've fallen hard for my BB cream)!

Have any of you used Estee Lauder Daywear Plus? What are your thoughts and experiences? xxx

5 comments:

  1. Oohh hehehe I love finding things like that from my mum's stash hahaha... thanks for the review I was curious bout this moisturiser. I haven't tried it myself though.

    You're tagged! In my latest blog post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with "stacking" SPF products because it's not harmful to your skin, especially products with such low SPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used it for a while but now I switched to other day lotion. I think it is good at moisturizing but it is a little heavy if I want to wear makeup for a long time. My skin is combination. The day wear plus will make my skin oily after several hours. I would prefer a matte lotion with makeup to keep my face look fresh. Let me know what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also find it to be too heavy for me so I passed it on to my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!!Im from Brasil and i loved the Estee Lauder Daywear Plus,smell good!
    And to me is not too have(i think!)
    Well i´v been used everyday and i lovet!
    You blog its verry cute!Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete